Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Marketing and the Internet

I don't want to make the marketing professional mad, but I think marketing (especially on the internet) is just common sense.

For example, if you have ever spent hundreds or thousands of dollars for a Newspaper Insert that everyone ignored and trashed the next day or "invested" in any advertising that you weren't sure if it helped or not, there are simple (internet related) procedures to track effectiveness.

Another example is that when I first started developing websites, I realized (as anyone who thinks about it would) that it is much easier to remember a website address than a phone number. One of our clients is Kitchen Solutions (domain name: www.kitchensolutions-inc.com, phone number: 901-624-5331). I don't think I am a genius because I told this client to put his domain name on company vehicles and everything else. Obviously, if you decide you want a new kitchen six months from now, you are more likely to remember the domain name than the phone number.

No comments: